level of service
Your Personal Information
provided to you by Corporate Lifeline. If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you or your organisation requires, or the level of service on which we pride
How we collect information
- directly from you when you provide information by phone or in documents such as a survey form;
- from third parties such as our related firms and associations;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from the organisations identified below under “When we disclose you personal information”;
- from our own records of how you use Corporate Lifeline services; and
- when required to do so by Federal or State legislation.
How we use personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided could be improved;
- research and develop our services; and
- gain an understanding of your information and financial needs in order for us to provide you with a better service.
Your personal information is also used to promote and market other services which we consider may be of interest to you. If you do not wish us to contact you regarding other services please call the privacy officer in your local office and advise accordingly.
When we disclose your personal information
For the purposes set out above, we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside Corporate Lifeline. The organisations to which we may disclose information include:
- outsourced providers associated to the services we provide to you, including;
- mailing services,
- billing and debt-recovery functions,
- information technology services, and
- marketing services;
- your representatives (eg. authorised representatives, financial or legal advisors); government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law; and our related firms.
Help us hold accurate information
Corporate Lifeline takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use, and disclose is accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That is why we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in personal information, and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to personal information such as your name and address.